Washington Methodist Church
814 Highway 61 North Washington Mississippi, 39190
Washington Methodist Church is in the village of Washington, Mississippi, about 8 miles north of Natchez on Hwy. 61. The church is considered the birthplace of Methodism for the state, as it is the first Methodist church organized in the Mississippi Territory. The present church, located across the highway from Historic Jefferson College, was built in 1828 of hand-made sun-dried bricks.