Green Leaves: Private Home, Garden and Wine Tour showcasing Family Heirlooms
303 South Rankin Street
Natchez MS, 39120
Date: October 14, 2023
Time: 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Category: Special Event
- Duration: 45 to 60 Minutes
- Ages: All ages
- Tickets: Can be purchased here: https://natchezpilgrimage.com/green-leaves-c-1838/
Step back in time and experience over 170 years of Natchez history!
Stately Greek Revival in-town Mansion set in the midst of legendary live oaks and magnolias. Surrounded by historic gardens, Green Leaves is one of the great Natchez houses where succeeding generations of a single family have carefully preserved the original furnishings and extensive family memorabilia that dates to the mid-1800s.
Completed in 1838, Green Leaves is situated over an acre of stunning grounds. Occupied by the Koontz-Beltzhoover family since 1849, the carefully preserved house, furnishings, and historic gardens make it one of America’s most valuable documents of mid-nineteenth century taste. The house features 3 generations of family portraits and cabinets full of family treasures, from miniatures to firearms. See original carpet, wallpaper, and furniture from the 1800s. The fifth generation of the Green Leaves family welcomes you, please come be our guests!
- Extensive collections from six generations of family history including heirlooms, fine portraits, and historically significant documents and letters
- Stroll through the rear courtyard and enjoy the over 400-year-old live oak tree that spreads a green canopy over lush gardens
- The historic Gardens include an heirloom Camellia collection featuring numerous varieties from over 200 original plantings that were carefully recorded by family members
- Beautiful set of hand-painted Bird China, originally over 500 pieces, and once attributed to John James Audubon by the National Geographic Magazine
- See our sword from the battle of Waterloo that has been used for several generations to cut wedding cakes!