Burn, The

Built in 1834 to be the residence of John P. Walworth, a wealthy planter, merchant, banker, and politician, the Burn is the oldest documented Greek Revival residence in Natchez, Mississippi. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979, the Burn was built on a knoll to the north of the old town area of Natchez. The house is one-and-a-half-story Greek Revival double-pile central hall plan building built of frame construction upon a brick basement. It has a five bay east-facing façade with a pedimented portico supported by four fluted Doric columns.

Amenities

  • Outdoor Pool
  • Internet Access
  • Breakfast Included
  • Historic Property
  • Private Bath