Rosalie is located on the Mississippi Bluff near the site of the Natchez Indians' massacre of the French at Fort Rosalie. Completed in 1823, the architectural design of the antebellum home became the prototype for later mansions in Natchez and across the South. The design is cubical in nature with two-story columns supporting both a front portico and a rear full-width gallery. It was the headquarters of the Union Army during the War Between the States. This National Historic Landmark is now owned by the Mississippi State Society DAR. Tours every hour 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.; Last tour begins at 4:00 p.m. Please call about holiday hours and arrangements for special tours.