House on Ellicott Hill, The

The House on Ellicott Hill stands remarkably preserved on a perch where General Andrew Ellicott first raised the American Flag over Natchez on February 27th, 1797. The house has been well-maintained and is one of the earliest structures built in Natchez. It is open daily for tour and tickets may be purchased at the Natchez Visitor Center.