Magnolia Hall

Construction on Magnolia Hall is believed to have begun in 1858, as the residence of Thomas Henderson, a Natchez native who became a wealthy cotton broker and merchant. The house was built on the site of the Henderson family home, Pleasant Hill, which was moved one block south to free the lot for the grander, more modern home. The name of the house was inspired by the plaster magnolia blossoms incorporated into the design of the parlor ceiling centerpieces. It was restored by the Natchez Garden Club as a house museum and is operated by the club today.

Amenities